Re: [OM]Re:Roll call

Subject: Re: [OM]Re:Roll call
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 16:11:53 EST
In a message dated 12/3/00 12:25:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> My dictionary can`t really  explain me  what the meaning of 'roll call' is,
>  but it`s a good idea to get to know where we live.

Liebe Herr Faig,
In yonder days of yore, when teachers would begin the day they would "call
the roll", or call out the list of names of the students, so that they could
respond and prove attendance.
Gruss Gott!
Frau Steele

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where
all