Re: [OM] [OT] flat bed scanner which to buy -

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] flat bed scanner which to buy -
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 18:34:55
Yeh, running a flatbed scanner off a parallel port is slowish. How slow, I dunno - my watch doesn't go that slow. FWIW, we have a similar model Mustek flatbed running off a USB port on a faster PC - it doesn't preview or scan any faster.

The advantage is that I can piggyback my Epson printer off the scanner while taking up only one port. Still have the SCSI card free for a future film scanner (hopefully).
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."