[OM] (OM) Roll Call

Subject: [OM] (OM) Roll Call
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:14:52 EST
Rich Doggett
Des Moines, WA

OM1-MD, OM-2S (just acquired), 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4 (coming), 50mm f1.8,
Vivitar 70 -210, 200mm f4, 300 f4.5 (coming), Vivitar 2x converter, T20, T32
(coming), Vivitar Auto 252 flash, an old Sekonic Auto-Lumi meter, and ... an
old Kodak Retinette 1A with Schneider-Kreuznach Reomar 45mm f2.8 purchased at
the Army PX at Ft. Lawton in Seattle (no, I'm a Coastie, the Army PX was just
close by) in 1966 for $44, I think (my first REAL camera).  Still takes great
pictures, but I hardly give her much attention any more.  This OM stuff is
too much like Ferraris.  Intoxicating.  Seductive.  Addictive.  I'm lusting
after more of it.

A warning:  I just won the OM-2s in an auction on e-Bay.  Seller "Rextex".
Camera arrived with a bashed-in viewfinder lens which wasn't mentioned in the
ad (packaging was good -- no damage to the box).  Hmmm.  Phototronics in
Seattle managed to find a replacement lens and fix it for $59.  As someone
else mentioned in an earlier Digest, ask LOTS of questions re: stuff you bid
on.

I stumbled onto the Digest just a couple weeks back, but have already
corresponded with a couple of list members (Ray Moth, John Hermanson --
thanks again to both of you!).  It's wonderful to have such a supportive
community out there!