[OM] Re: Scanning TMax 3200

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning TMax 3200
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 19:01:06 GMT
John Hudson wrote:

>Am I the odd man out here? TMax 3200 35mm exposed for 3200 ISO and
>properly developed is, I find, extremely grainy and almost uns*uitable
>for scanning for anything beyond an on screen image wider than say 200
>pixels.

Grain is what you're going to get at EI3200. I've had similar problems when
scanning Delta 3200, even when it was only rated at 800 (its ISO rating) and
developed accordingly. My advice is to make prints from it and scan them -
it's what I'll probably do. BTW Tmax3200 is only really an ISO c.1000 film
which is pushable, while Fuji 1600 is not 1600 at all - it's more like
ISO500/640 and Fuji say it is pushable to 1600 (check the film box - EI
1600, which is _not_ the same as its ISO/ASA rating).

Simon E.