[OM] Fall foilage and 40mm f2

Subject: [OM] Fall foilage and 40mm f2
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:34:45 -0600
Hi gang, I was driving around today here in Memphis and couldn't help
but notice the brilliant fall colors that are everywhere. The trees are
about as colorful as I've ever seen and its the first day of December.
Normally most of the leaves have dropped by now. Due to the extremely
dry summer we experienced here, the forecast was for very little fall
color, but obviously the forecasters were wrong. Has anybody else
noticed the abundance or lack of fall foilage in your area? It's really
beautiful here this time of year.
OM content: Stopped in a little camera shop to pick up some Provia F
last week and the store clerk recognized me (the Zuiko nut) and said
they had just gotten in some Olympus gear and hadn't put it out yet. He
went into the back and got a box set it on the counter and we started
looking through it. Had a couple of bodies that looked so-so, a T20
flash, a couple of off brand lenses, a nasty 50 f3.5 and some lens
boxes. He opened a lens box that was labled Sigma 28mm and inside was a
virtually unused 40mm f2 with lens caps. I tried not to get excited as
we looked over the little jewel and he asked me if I was interested in
any of the stuff. I asked him what he wanted for the 40mm and he
pondered it for awhile and said well I got some 50mm 1.8's up here, let
me see what price I have on them. Well after a few minutes we settled on
$40 dollars. I think this puts me in the same class with Doris. It's now
resting on my black 2n waiting to get out tomorrow and capture a few
images.

later,
mike m.