Re: [OM] Database of Zuiko Sellers?

Subject: Re: [OM] Database of Zuiko Sellers?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:33:08 -0700
At 12:03 PM 12/1/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Another question -- does the list keep, somewhere, a catalog of
>black-listed Zuiko sellers? I just purchased a "mint/new" 200 f/4 from
>ebay, which at best would rate between 8-9. I am attempting to send it
>back, but I would not want any of you purchasing from a person whose
>ratings deviate so significantly from the norm. Do we have a "distributed
>intelligence paradigm" for this sort of thing?

Kelton:

Sounds a lot like the "perfect" 200/4.0 I bought off of eBay from a Quebecois
gent a couple of years ago -- had pinprick impact marks on the front element,
and the back element was starting to delaminate.  Naturally, he was *shocked,*
but wouldn't countenance giving me a refund.  I sold it on eBay, using HONEST
descriptors, about eight months later, and took a considerable loss.  That was
my first and only lesson about eBay, and about lens descriptions.

Garth