Re: [OM] OM30 Manual

Subject: Re: [OM] OM30 Manual
From: "Simon E" <ruralwales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:29:21 -0000
John O'Regan wrote:

Another problem: the OM30 seems to be suffering from 'Sticky Magnet' >on=
the
first shot; any cure other than full overhaul? Any repairer I've used >i=
the past has just done a full service, at a highish cost, to fix >proble=
ms
on other cameras. Anyone recommend a good repairer here in UK?

I had an OM40 cured of this problem last month. It cost £52 (including a stinging £7.50 p&p), though Central Cameras seem to have done a good job. They are in the W. Midlands, tel: 01543 370263.

If you ever want to use an authorised Olympus service centre my choice would be Colchester Cameras in Essex. Always helpful, do a great job and my OM1md came back looking like new. Tel: 01206 790009. Camera Clinic (also authorised service centre) in Chester-Le-Street, Co. Durham seem OK too, but I don't have their phone number to hand.

The authorised option may not be viable - they'll charge £70+ for a CLA/service, which includes minor repairs and adjustments, though I think they'd do a free quote. If the foam is tacky and has never been replaced this may be preferable. Colchester included foam seal replacement for free after I mentioned it.

Steer clear of H. Lehmann in Stoke-on-Trent, they're bad news.

Simon E.