[OM] Masters of Photography: Women Photographers at the National Geograp

Subject: [OM] Masters of Photography: Women Photographers at the National Geographic
From: Peter Blaise Monahon <peterblaise@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:08:44 -0500
Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
    Permit me to share some other photographer's learning experiences.
I'm having a wonderful time attending the Masters of Photography lecture
series at the National Geographic Society here in Washington, DC -
stimulating, revealing, and enjoyable stories from photographers.  But,
even if you're not here in DC at show time, you can 'attend' and browse
over the web!

    Browse to:

    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lectures

... and explore their offering of their photographic experience.  And to
learn more about their current photography lecture offering, "Women
Photographers at the National Geographic", browse to:

    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lectures/2000fall/photography.html

... and you can also click on [Events Archive] for dozens of older
photography 'lectures' - listenable to aver the web!

--

    For last night's photography lecture, 'Balancing Acts', with
photographers Sisse Brimberg and Annie Griffiths Belt - the entire show,

    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lectures/2000fall/brimberg.html

Yes, you can attend their photography lecture free over the web!  A
teaser for last night's show:

     "... While the challenge of balancing personal life
     and career is one that all photographers face,
     the challenge is greater for photographers who
     are also parents.  In this fascinating look at life
     behind the lens, two photographers who have
     built successful careers while raising families will
     describe their approaches to this dilemma.
     Pioneers Sisse (pronounced "C C" or "see see")
     Brimberg and Annie Griffiths Belt share stories
     about their own balancing acts, and show some
     of the work that resulted from assignments that
     were as challenging personally as they
     were professionally ..."

--

    And, of course the BOOK,

        "Women Photographers at The National Geographic"

... parts of which are browsable at:

    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/women/

... or BUY the book at:

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?SP=10023&PN=1&V1=271916&xid=27698

--

    Finally, I found a wealth of other photography links at the National
Geographic - photography, experiences, tips and tricks in general:

    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/

... and all their photography books:

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?SP=10024&PN=16&xid=27698&V1=37637

--

    Enjoy!

--

Peter Blaise Monahon -- Voice: 703-845-1556
 APC American Personal Computing ... PC Support in Plain Language since