[OM] Re: [OT] Huon Pines, etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Huon Pines, etc.
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:38:52
This same process, with the added factors of mineral enriched water and open-grained wood like oak, results in the creation of petrified wood.

In Texas I see mostly oak preserved as petwood. In other areas I suspect other petwoods, such as hickory, might be prevalent.
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."