Re: [OM] Let's hear from the Silent Majority , role call

Subject: Re: [OM] Let's hear from the Silent Majority , role call
From: "Harry Cutting Photography" <hcutting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:32:24 -0500
After six or eight months of lurking, I'd like to introduce myself to the
list.  I have been an OM user for many years.  Currently I use OM-2s's,
OM-1n's and OM-4T's, IS-20, original Stylus and Zuikos 20 f2 thru 300 f4.5
but mostly rely on 28 f2, 85 f2 and 180 f2.8 as I photograph people, usually
close-in.  In 1996 I made a minor detour from Oly when I picked up a N*kon
system to solve the slow flash sync problem, esp fill-flash situations where
I need more power and flexibility than the 280 can handle.  I seldom use
this rig but it has been handy on occasion.  My primary system continues to
be Oly.  I love my Zuikos for their compactness, sharpness and contrast.
For example, IMHO the 28 f2 at f4 and f5.6 gives ultra-sharp, high contrast
results that match or beat any wide angle made at any aperture.  Ditto the
100 f2 at f2.8 thru f8, though I'd not call this lens compact by any means.

If I had to pick just two Zuikos to work with they would be the 28 f2 and
the 85 f2, paired with two each OM-4T(Ti)'s and OM-1n's using one of each as
backups.  Often I do use only this combo and the simplicity of it really
helps bring more enjoyment to my photography.  I know most of the list leans
toward nature and scenic photography so this combo would not be right for
most but there is something special about paring down equipment to bare
bones.  If anyone would like to view some of my photos see
www.harrycutting.com .  Kindly refrain from requesting a catalog; they are
meant for clients (and they are expensive!).  Before I ramble on too much
further here is roll call info:

Harry Cutting
Cape Coral, Florida, USA (formerly of Vermont, New England, USA)
**I am married to a Canadian.  Our son, Samuel, is 3 years old but that does
not mean I am a young man.

Regards,
Harry Cutting
hcutting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx