Re: [OM] [OT] Pie pan reflector

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Pie pan reflector
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:02:20 -0800 (PST)
Lex wrote:
Hello, all, Here's a Thanksgiving day snap using the pie pan
reflector/styrofoam plate diffuser.  Flash set to full pop.  I
guesstimated and set the aperture a stop and a half or two wider than
the direct setting.  Fuji Superia Xtra 800.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1005538&a=7400079&p=34195891&Sequence=0&res=high
What surprised me is the even coverage - this was with a 20mm lens.  If
you look closely you can see the flash reflected in the left window.
That's a durned good result, thanks for sharing it! It's interesting to
see that the reflected flash is so tiny; at first glance, I thought it
was a lamp in the yard outside. As you say, Lex, the lighting from the
flash is even, although the picture is a little dark overall,
especially the people's faces. I realize this was experimental and
maybe a bit of bracketing would have helped? BTW, I don't know why you
put [OT] in the Subject line - this is to do with photo technique and
is very much ON topic as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

=====
Ray