Re: [OM] WTB: nasty, fungussy, scratchy, low self esteem OM lenses...

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: nasty, fungussy, scratchy, low self esteem OM lenses...
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:02:41
Not quite the same thing. There's nothing quite like the effect of an older, "poorly corrected" lens. For some reason the results from soft focus attachments look just like that to me: attached. The next best thing is taking a sharp image into the darkroom and softening it during printing using various techniques. Also, Spiratone offers a special portrait lens (single element, I believe) designed to emulate those older, inherently "flawed" lenses.

All very subjective, of course. I've seen many stunning portraits that were unforgivingly sharp, and not necessarily just of stunningly beautiful young things.
Lex Jenkins
"Don't worry about everything 'cause nothing's gonna be alright."
- Casey Lechmanski

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:37:21 -0600 (CST)
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Why not just stretch pantyhose over your current lenses, use filters
smeared with Vaseline, or use soft focus filters?