[OM] slide trays; inserting OM screens

Subject: [OM] slide trays; inserting OM screens
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:41:17 -0800
Carousel trays are virtually jam-proof ("jamb" is a door frame) because the
slide drops into place, and is only pushed when it returns to the tray. The
straight trays "push" in both directions, and are more likely to jam or damage
the slide. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking
about.

The 140-slide Carousel tray gets its extra capacity by having narrower slots.
These trays work best with thin glass or plastic mounts, or cardboard slides
that haven't been "abused." The 80-slide tray are less critical. In either
case, any slide that drops freely is almost certain to return without getting
stuck.

When changing OM screens, I drop the new screen into the frame, then turn the
camera upside-down and let the screen fall into place. I close the frame with
the tip of my finger (which runs the risk of a finger mark on the mirror). This
is the best method I've found (so far).

As long as we're on screens, the best way to clean them is with a few drops of
dishwashing detergent on your finger tips. After thoroughly rinsing the screen,
dry it with compressed air.