Re: [OM] Re: snake skin.....

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: snake skin.....
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:11:35 -0800 (PST)
> Andrew Fildes Mon, 20 Nov 2000:
> Lizards and snakes make much better pets than mice.
Is that some sort of justification for using mouse hide on your OM?

> Horses are hopeless unless properly cooked (flame target comment).
What sort of flame do you need to cook a horse?

> Nothing beats a ferret.
Wrong! Ferret skin attracts fleas, which are not good for your OM.

> Excellent idea but wouldn't ball leather soak up moisture too?
Seems a strange part of the anatomy to use for leather but each to his
own, I suppose.

> I imagine some type of calf or kangaroo leather would be best
> (kangaroo is used a lot for motorbike leathers and running shoes).
Shouldn't that be *jumping* shoes?

> Should be a market for them with Contax/Yashica users - most of
> those bodies have shed their skin by 15 years old!
More like 15 months, from what I've heard - comes of coating the body
with chewing-gum (illegal in Singapore).

> Of course - the finest skin of all is French foetal calf, I
believe...
True, but foetal thigh and foetal shin are almost as good. Remember the
old saying: "First catch your foetus . . ."

Regards and  ;-)

=====
Ray