Re: [OM] ........Leathers for OM......

Subject: Re: [OM] ........Leathers for OM......
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:11:56 +0800
Dear Jim T.......
Truly........

Its not difficult...... let me try and retrieve my description of how I idid
it from an e-mail I sent many moons ago.....

In short , its a lot easier than re-skinning the R7.....

The OM4Ti is a breeze .... really....

It consists of only 4 matchbox size separate pieces of leather........

Just have a lot of patience and care, and a really sharp cutter , and U are
on your way,.......

Oh..... watch out for the part where the camera back latches onto the
body.... don't let glue seep into this part....... I made this mistake......
Next day, the glue hardened , and I panicked.....

Sent to the Olympus agent here in S'pore and he said, don't do it again, he
revealed that the glue stuck the latch from being released when U pull up
the film rewind knob to open the back ......

FWIW.... this is proof that U should uses this kind of glue and not PVA, as
the damage willbe even greater.... with this glue, U can peel it off !!!!

These were the past messages....