Re: [OM] Another great example of eBay condition accuracy

Subject: Re: [OM] Another great example of eBay condition accuracy
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:51:35 +0000
Recently, there was a 65-116 extension tube up on eBAy.  It appeared from
the photo  to be in very nice condition.

In fact it was advertised as being in "like new" condition.

However, looking at the photo, I noticed it was missing the tripod mount
collar.  When 'new', it would have had the collar so in my eyes it was not
in the condition it was when new.

I contacted the seller, on the off chance that the seller was not aware it
was incomplete, suggesting that the description "like new" might be
missleading in view of a significant part being missing.

He shirtily replied that his description only applied to the condition of
the item as it currently was.

Giles