Re: Hardware fetish (l), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown

Subject: Re: Hardware fetish (l), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:21:39 -0800 (PST)
Giles wrote:
 (snip) This list currently has about 570 subscribers (list + digest).
Do we all just shoot portraits? If we did, then we could all do a Jane
Brown and have just one lens, one film we always use...   Like the
Monty Python skit, we might as well all be named Bruce. (snip)  I think
it is quite natural and appropriate, given the varied interests of the
group.
So do I, Bruce, even though it may cause some confusion. And for your
information, Bruce Brown took many portraits of Bruce Bonnington and
Bruce Stainforth, tobogganing down Mt. Everest whilst being pursued by
a big hairy Yeti (pubically known as The Abdominal Snowperson) in an
iced Volvo (ob. Oly).

Regards,

Bruce Moth

P.S. I'm sure many of you will be sad to learn that our beloved
ex-president, Bruceharto, is *reported* to be dangerously ill and may
not survive much longer. This, coincidentally, follows a decision by
the Supreme Court, at the behest of President Bruce Wahid, to overrule
a decision by a lower court that Bruceharto was too ill to be tried for
corruption.