[OM] Non-wedding photography... (Was: Wedding tips?)

Subject: [OM] Non-wedding photography... (Was: Wedding tips?)
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:42:57 -0800 (PST)
Another option is to offer to photograph reception, but not ceremony and
formal portraits. Take *lots* of candids of loved ones and everyone is happy
even if you are aware of technical imperfections. Take formal once-in-a-
lifetime photos and no one is happy unless you get it right.
I've photographed a couple receptions and it's great fun. 85-90mm is not a
portrait lens in this context, 135mm is more appropriate. Avoid flash if
possible so that people don't cringe when they see your approach. These photos
won't be greatly enlarged, so film speed/grain is less of an adverse
compromise.

Personally, I'm hoping that wedding photography is out of fashion by the time
my kids are old enough... :-)

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: