Re: [OM] Wedding tips?

Subject: Re: [OM] Wedding tips?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:13:06 +0000
At 20:27 11/14/00 , Stephen Border wrote:
>Well I've been manoeuvred into shooting my stepsons wedding in February and
>I'm starting to think seriously about what I'll be using and getting some
>practice in before the big day.

I know there is little I can say that will assuage your anxiety and stress.
 I hope you can find some comfort in knowing you have my deepest sympathy.

1.  Run, don't walk, to a Himalayan monastary, shave your head, and seclude
yourself there among the monks until after the wedding.  Tell relatives you
are meditating about it.

2.  If discovered and "rescued" by the well-intentioned but misguided, then
keep meditating ("OM, OM, OM") and use the KISS principle.  (KISS = Keep It
Simple, Stupid).  This is what I did (or am doing four days from today).
Don't try to do anything complicated that you have not done many times
before.  Don't travel light either.  Take *all* your gear, but plan only to
use a small portion of it.  The rest is backup in case something fails.
Have Plan B, Plan C and Plan D with basic camera/lens/flash setups for
failure of one or more critical items.

I've sent a much longer reply with what I've learned over the past six
weeks.  It's too long for the list, but if someone wants a copy, I'll send
it to them off-list too (just let me know).  I feel ready for the event
four days from now, as ready as I would ever be given the equipment I have,
a lot calmer and more comfortable about doing it.  At least you've got some
decent warning, can practice, and try some experiments first to see what it
will do.

-- John