[OM] Scanwit Update (OT)

Subject: [OM] Scanwit Update (OT)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:28:37 EST
Frustration is now permanently my middle name..

Took out the old scsi from my flatbed and removed all traces from the system
and the registry.
Firnly embedded teh new scsi card in it's slot..had to move to another as it
for some reason didn't like being right beside the sound card ?? But second
time was the trick and Windows recognized it fine.

BTW I downloaded the drivers from the Acer webpage.

Installed the Acer and got all excited. The driver program (Miraphoto) came
up fine and I actually "previewed" a slide..all was well!!!  .but, when I
went to hit the "scan" button it came up with this error message:

Read Image Data Failure
check to see if hte LED light stayson (ready mode)
Code ffff0022

The ready light WAS on, I rebooted (twice), turned the scnaner on and off a
couple of times to let it re-do it's startup
I re-seated the slide holder.

I'll admit I'm at a loss. Haven't called Acer as they only seem to have one
answer : send it back and we'll repair. You buy a brand-new scanner and it
needs to be repaired???

Gonna take a break. Otherwise I may never like this thing much. :=)
Susan F. Steele