Re: [OM] T32 flash angled straight up.

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 flash angled straight up.
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:39:33 +0100
On Fri, Jan 04, 1980 at 12:48:42AM -0800, Norma Foltz wrote:
> The T32 flash can be flipped up to various degrees.
> This is for bounce flash, right?
> What will be the effect of having the flash pointing straight up towards
> the ceiling ?
> Is that how I got extremely low contrast images ?

I woun't say that bounce flash produces less contrast than direct flash,
 altough it depends a lot from your room.
But the light for the least contrast images is frontlight, especially from a
ring-Flash.
So bounce flash will increase contrast, when you`re shooting 3D-objects.
But the shaddows, which produce this contrast are not so harsh with bounce
flash than with direct flash.
But it depends much from the reflections of your shooting location.

Frieder Faig