Re: [OM] TOPE updates: they're here!!! :) (now irretrievably OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE updates: they're here!!! :) (now irretrievably OT)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:22:25 -0800 (PST)
Rob Burn wrote:

(snip) Oh, if I just had an OM-X and a Zuiko Xmm/fX, I'd be a new
person, do justice to my vision. (snip)
Are you kidding?? The OM-X is not even *made* by Olyumpus, it's
manufactured on contract in Germany by L**ca - hardly a true OM! This
little number cleverly combines the Spot and Program capabilities of
the OM-2S, making it utterly uncontrollable by the user, and is powered
by only 2 car batteries. The "Zuiko" Xmm/fX is actually a thinly
disguised L**tz lens, the focal length of which varies with aperture
and vice versa (hence the nomenclature). It's the opposite of a macro
lens and cannot be focused on anything closer than the moon; even the
DoF button is no help. And it's not even multi-coated! I tell you, with
the high wages paid in Japan, Olympus will do *anything* to save on
production costs these days!  ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray