Re: [OM] tope 3 explanation for J. Maynard

Subject: Re: [OM] tope 3 explanation for J. Maynard
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:03:14 -0700
At 11:44 AM 11/9/2000 -0400, Mike Cormier wrote:
>Actually, I had to use the lassoo tool in photoshop to meticulously select the
>entire outline of the red flower after zooming in very close.  It literally
>took HOURS to do.  I then did a de-saturation of the background.
>I was sooooo proud of myself after I was done considering all the little
>points on the flower's head, that I knew it HAD to be my TOPE 3 submission. :)

Mike:

Check out Corel Knockout 1.5.  It's a secret weapon for doing these kinds of
selections.  You can do something in five minutes in Knockout that takes all
day using Photoshop's built-in selection tools.  The first time I tried it, I
was astounded!

Garth

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields