[OM] Hello

Subject: [OM] Hello
From: "Richard Keefer" <Ric@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:55:33 -0500
Hello, My Name is Ric, and....

I am a Zuikoholic.

Oh, it started innocently enough, my Ricoh Viewfinder gave up the ghost just
before a vacation and someone who I thought was a good friend let me borrow
their relatively new OM-1.

"oh its easy" he said, "just set the little number on 8 and make the needle as
close to the middle as possible by twisting this ring"

As luck, or fate, would have it, the vacation that year was to Old Orchard
Beach Maine - home of discount cameras. Two weeks later, Visa Maxed, the store
holding post-dated checks......

Over the years I always knew I could quit, anytime I wanted to.  Oh sure, the
Konica FS lured me with the siren song of built in motor drive, and it was nice
for a while, but a winder 2 does the same.  And auto focus looked
interesting.... but then I was just a button pusher.

So then, as the years passed and the dollars flowed, pictures and slides were
being stored in desk drawers in the office, after all, not all of it could come
home, a second OM found its way into the bag, now two bags, one for the car and
one for home, oh the horror.

Then, just as I thought it was going to be ok.... the internet, ebay
purchasing..... and now, the om network.

I know I can stop,,,, any time I want to.......

I just don't want to.

ZuikoRic

(With firm apologies and all due respect to anyone fighting that other "ism".)