RE: [OM] Backpacking

Subject: RE: [OM] Backpacking
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:43:19 -0000
Andrew Fildes bristled:

<snip>

We all know that the most challenging Scots
environment is central Glasgow on a Saturday night when the pubs empty.

<snip>

S'right, Andrew. That's when all the Australian barmen get off work... ;-)

Seriously, we may have the beginning of another OM gathering here. But I
think the first thing to do is for the Central Scotland chapter to hit
Quiggs some weekend, and annoy the hell out of them by trying out lots of
Zuikos and then not buying any. If that's possible... not buying any, I
mean.

Donald.

PS - went to see Tom Weir getting a John Muir Trust Award tonight, and gave
a writer friend a lift home afterwards. We reminisced about carrying very
heavy gear all those years ago, and clothing before Goretex. Heavy memories.