[OM] [OT] As the Winder Turns, Part 1, The Primal Scream

Subject: [OM] [OT] As the Winder Turns, Part 1, The Primal Scream
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:56:37 +0000
As the Winder Turns
(or John Shoots His First Wedding)

---=== Part I, The Primal Scream ===---

John: "AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

[John's response at learning his better half hinted hard enough he would
shoot a wedding that he ended up volunteering for it.]

Stay tuned for Part II:  "Saved From Meltdown"

In fairness to the bride and groom:
They are on a tight budget and suffered "sticker shock" at the cost of a
pro shoot.  My better half pulled out the receipt from ours almost 20 years
ago.  It was expensive then, and ours was a middle-of-the-road shoot.  When
I discovered they were thinking about asking guests to bring their cameras
and let them pick reprints, I "bellied up to the bar."  Wedding photos are
*important* and treasured for decades.  I clearly have the most gear (with
plenty of backup for critical items) of anyone in the extended family,
including MF.  I can also get pro film cheap and know where to get it
processed properly.  I had visions of a chaotic and disappointing outcome
unless it was organized.

-- John