Re: [OM] generic OM winders....

Subject: Re: [OM] generic OM winders....
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:09:03 -0800
The handle does contain the motor in the Olympus winders and motor drives. The
winder with its 4 AA battteries is probably about as light a system as you will
find. I leave my MD-1s on the OM-4 and OM-2s unless I am really concerned about
weight in which case I go
without the MDs altogether. The winder (1 or 2) weighs 290gms w/o batteries.
MD-1 with the M15v control pack is 470gms. The MD2 with the M15v control pack
is 620gms. I really doubt that any aftermarket winder is going to weight any
less than the Olympus winder, and
most will probably weigh more.

Jim Couch