Re: [OM] Point & Shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] Point & Shoot
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:58:00 -0000
> From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Ah, what I wouldn't give for a _real_ metal camera, like a 35RC, with
> the technology of today!  Can you imagine!

Well, there's the Ricoh GR1(S) with tough magnesium alloy body and some nice
features including more user control than most modern p&s types. OTOH the
technology of today means that you have to lose the 35RC's cable release
socket, its 'proper' neck strap, precise focusing, total manual override and
the ability to keep on going when your battery's kaput.

You can have the benefits of both however - a 35RC carried inside a jacket
and a GR1 in a pocket for the wider shots make a nice combination.

Regards,
Keith Berry