[OM] Anyone for an Olympus 420mm f2.8 lens?

Subject: [OM] Anyone for an Olympus 420mm f2.8 lens?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:42:50 -0700
In a message dated 10/25/00 Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< Well not exactly, but 'practically'. The new Olympus E10 4 megapixel
digicam
has a f2.0 '35mm to 140mm equivalent' zoom, but  an optional front
mounting
accessory lens turns it into a '420mm  equivalent' f2.8 lens.

This is a pretty  impressive camera and accessory system given it's
expected
price. It is  pretty obvious that Olympus engineering talent is being
hard
spent on projects other than making an OM  digital body...

You can review it's optics here:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E10/E10A5.HTM >>

Buy, I'll say. *Very* impressive in fact. Also, within that portion of
the test report is a link to a Schneider article about lenses optimized
for digital photography (apparently it *is not* just Olympus who believe
this). That link is:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/pressreleases/kina.htm I have to re-read
and digest the Schneider article a few times before I can have an
opinion as to whether or not this is more marketing hype as we
previously speculated here in prior threads or if Olympus (and
Schneider) are really on to something here.

The E10 appears to be a well thought out and innovative digital camera
at what sounds like a very competitive price. Speed and storage are
going to be key issues, image quality should be exceptional. I also am
anxious to hear more about the Pentax 6 megapixel SLR body as well.

Thanks for the link Chip!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com