Re: [OM] Re: om gear life expectancy.....

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: om gear life expectancy.....
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:19:33 -0700
Steve G writes:

<< I'm not sure what the guy wanted for them, but if I could get them
for $5 a piece or so, would anyone be interested, or would I be stuck
with them? >>

Bodies with rust or corrosion should be avoided, since the camera might
have been a swimmer. If the shutter trips when the winder lever is
racheted, you have a simple "oily shutter magnet," which probably makes
for a good parts camera or even a fixer-up'er.  I'm not going to venture
guesses on what to buy the carcasses for, since it would conflict with
individuals who are in the market for them and have their own prices in
mind. But at $5 each for a useable parts camera, you aren't going to be
stuck with them. To see outrageous prices paid on carcasses, just look
at eBay, but try to eliminate the all too common buyer who is allergic
to reading descriptions.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV