Re: [OM] M15V WITH MD2

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V WITH MD2
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:18:16 -0700 (PDT)
Frank van Lindert wrote:
(snip) One of my older NiCads lasted for three rolls only. Its voltage
after a charge read 16 volts (which is good) but it couldn't keep its
charge... I have now replaced it with a 150mAh NiMH set, and it will
probably do far more than 40 rolls. Unfortunately (?) I will never
know, because I recharge the battery after each shooting or even after
a month of no use at all to keep it fit.
It's not universally known that Ni-Cad batteries develop a 'memory' and
will not retain a full charge if they are repeatedly 'topped up', that
is, recharged before they are fully discharged. Ni-MH and lithium ion
batteries are much better in this regard. The fact that the
photographic industry still uses NiCads is disgraceful, IMHO. This type
of battery has long been superseded (yes, that's how you spell it!) in
the computer industry.

Regards,

=====
Ray