[OM] FS/FT: Shipman Olympus book 1989

Subject: [OM] FS/FT: Shipman Olympus book 1989
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:03:37 -0700
OK, let's test the peace here . . .

For Sale or Trade:
Shipman, Carl. 1989. How to select & use Olympus SLR cameras. 175p. VG+
(book grading) condition, unread but with a lower right corner bump;
minor front cover edge wear on the fore-edge and some rubbing along
spine on left; two light cover impressions; some discoloration of the
footband (sat on a red shelf?). Covers the OM-4T, OM-4, OM-PC, OM-77AF,
OM-88 and Infinity Superzoom 300.

$19, plus shipping at cost.

Food for thought for the curious: eBay market value of this edition in
VG+ is $26.33, but for F- condition it is only $19.00  So, for the
impulse buyer it is technically a "certified bargain" offered to the OM
List first, but for the logically bent buyer, just another "at market
price OM List FS offer."

I'll accept as trade a 1987 edition in G or better condition, or an
early Pentax Shipman book covering the Spotmatic F. Oh, and this is
SERIOUSLY for sale or trade. If interested, contact me offline. First
come, first served.

As far as hanging a "dealer" or "non-dealer" sign on FS listings, let's
not go there, folks. We mostly know each other by now.  Such labels
remind me of the movie "Life Is Beautiful," where the Jewish Italian
bookseller character was ordered to put a Star of David on his bookshop.
A sad testament to cultural bias.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV