Re: [OM] selling stuff & prices

Subject: Re: [OM] selling stuff & prices
From: "Franklin Berryman" <faberryman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:05:46 GMT
Tom, I was surpised that your items did not go for more as well. I both have and have not noticed a fall off on eBAY prices. Like others, the items I am looking for usually go for more than I am hoping to pay, yet the items I am trying to sell do not meet my expectations. Anybody want a black-nose Zuiko 135mm f3.5 in EX condition for $50.00. Nobody on eBAY does! I think alot of it has to do with timing. It's best if the item you're selling doesn't have much competition at the time you offer it, which of course is difficult with the more common items. As we have all observed, blacking out the "ft" scale on lenses before putting them up for auction may help as well. Apparently this is now being carried over to the Olympus moniker on black-bodied pentaprisms - a Stealth OM. Gee, I kinda like the sound of that. Now where is that bottle of acetone and those toothpicks!