[OM] Popular Photography's test of the 4T: which issue did it appear in?

Subject: [OM] Popular Photography's test of the 4T: which issue did it appear in?
From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:58:19 -0500
Hi.

Just wondering if anyone knows which particular issue of Popular
Photography from the early eighties featured a "Lab Test" of the OM-4T.

I just finished reading a photocopy of one these lab tests for a Contax
camera of the same vintage ('82), and I was amazed at the throroughness of
the test. They measured everything from exposure error to shutter speed to
metering pattern to actual recorded area vs. viewing area to vibration
to... you name it. They even disassembled the body completely, then
reassembled it, and then retested it multiple times! Why don't they test
cameras this way nowadays in such magazines? These days, what you get
instead is more like a glance at the operating manual and lots of broad,
general praise, but no hard numbers. I don't see how, but it seems like the
magazines of today are somehow more beholden to their sponsors, so real
testing, which could turn up real shortcomings, is out of the question. Too
bad.

In any case, I would love to read that old Lab Test of the 4T if anyone can
tell me which issue it appreared in.

Thanks!