Re: [OM] help with flash

Subject: Re: [OM] help with flash
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:54:58 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2000 1:52:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> (BTW, it is imperative that the "X/FP" switch be in the "X" position
>  anytime you
>  use a strobe flash.  Otherwise, the flash will fire, but at the wrong
>  time.  "FP"
>  is for flash bulbs only.)

On the OM-1n and OM-2n (not the original OM-1 and OM-2) the X/FP switch
affects the PC socket only, not the ot shoe. The hot shoe is always X synch
on teh newer cameras. I believe the original poster said he was using an
OM-1n, so the X/FP switch shouldn't matter (assuming the T20 was in the hot
shoe).

Paul Schings