Re: [OM] M15 nicad pack

Subject: Re: [OM] M15 nicad pack
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:16:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Dinkar Jhalera wrote:

> I picked up fairly cheaply the M15 nicad pack with motor drive 1 from the
> local shop. It may be working but I think it wise to check the condition of
> the nicads.  But how do you open up the pack? On the FAQ the instructions
> say to take of the switch knob but how do you do that!!

You need to pull the decal off first, after that it will be obvious.  The
difficult part is getting the decal off without damaging it.  I've had
good luck using mild solvents such as methanol or heptan.  Work it in by
covering the decal in the solvent and then pushing gently in the centre.
That causes the solvent to slowly work it's way in via the edges.  After a
while you'll be able to lift off the decal.
                                        -mark