[OM] RE: OM1 and Minolta SR1s

Subject: [OM] RE: OM1 and Minolta SR1s
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:46:21 +0100
Kam asked:

<snip>
Am I the only one to think that the design
of OM-1 was inspired by the SR-1s?

<snip>

Well, I had a quick look at my copy, and I have to agree that some parts, by
eyeball, could almost be interchangeable. The shape of the prism housing
especially is very similar, as is the shape of the MLU knob. Mind you, how
many changes do you make before a duck becomes a swan? Or just another duck?

Donald. No wildfowl comments please (I have a Disney voodoo doll, well stuck
with pins...)