Re: [OM] First few shots from last weekend...

Subject: Re: [OM] First few shots from last weekend...
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:51:54 -0700
In a message dated 10/18/00 "Craig Henrikson" <chenriks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<< Mike -- Great shots once again (but fewer of the pan shots we all are
so
impressed with!) >>

Thank you for the kind words... Those were just a small random sampling
and are only the tip of the iceberg. The straight-on shots are all with
the big Zuiko and are actually much more difficult (for me) than panned
shots. In both cases it is all timing, but I am lower on the learning
curve taking straight-on shots with a big heavy lens on a mono-pod.

After many bleary eyed hours with loupe and light table last night I
emerged with ~200 images that are keepers from last weekend so rest
assured that after the 7-10 hours of scanning I still have ahead of me
there will be many panned shots (a few with added touches like brake
discs glowing red on a foggy morning, flames out the back of the cars,
etc.). I am really pleased with the results as I can see a definate vast
improvement in my results thanks to both of the wonderful lenses I used.
I have to thank the countless OM-listers, especially Gary Reese who I
saw first mention it here, for the advice to buy the Tamron 80-200/2.8
LD as it truly is a stunning lens. I have to give special thanks to Tom
for his generous loan of the Zuiko 350/2.8, that I think in seeing the
results I have no choice but to buy...I think I would be foolish not to
take the opportunity to do so.

I have not been here on this for long but I can definately say that it
has helped me improve the quality of my work, for that I am very
greatful to all here who participate. I'll post once the scanning is
done. It will be sone as I do have some push to get them out to some
racing news web sites as well.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com