[OM] Olympus F1.2 lens.

Subject: [OM] Olympus F1.2 lens.
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:02:25 +0100
Fellow listmembers,
                                   A local photo dealer has a mint -minus
Silver nosed F1.2  S.C. lens fo sale. 55mm filter thread? What is the "going
price" for this lens ? The dealer is asking about £165. - $235.
                Has anyone any experience of using this lens ? I have been
told that fast lenses can give very "soft or plastic " out of focus effects
which can give very good portrait results.
                                       Or would I be better off resisting
the temptation of this lens -unsure of its performance versus a multi coated
version- and use a faster film instead ?
                                P.S. most of my shots are B+W.
       Any advice would be welcome.

                                               Regards,
                                                              John Duggan.