Re: [OM] Cheap camera batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap camera batteries
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:45:48 -0400
Gregg Iverson said:
I just saw 357 batteries in Walmart for $1.97 without tax.  You can get
them when you need them without the wait.

That's pretty good for a single battery.  But you guys haven't been
looking hard enough for deals on bulk quantities.  Here's my source for
the 357's I was peddling.  It's a well established clock and watch parts
supplier and they charge $55.00 per hundred (plus shipping of course).
With shipping for 100 pieces my cost was 61 cents apiece.  Adding an
envelope and postage for trans-shipping back to you guys got me to
approx. 70 cents apiece which is why you were paying $7.00 for 10.  It
could be done for slighly less by ordering more than 100 at a time
(lower shipping cost) and paying the post office exactly 55 cents for
mailing 10 batteries instead of the 66 cent postage I was applying
(since I had lots of 33 cent stamps and didn't want to make at trip to
the post office).

Check out:
http://www.ofrei.com/page_121.html

After mailing out 280 batteries I still had requests from other folks
for about 80 more that I couldn't/wouldn't supply.  My guess is that
there would be more than that if I had been willing to ship to other
than US addresses.  Anyhow, I'm tired of shipping batteries at 70 cents
apiece. If someone else would like to pick up the ball be my guest.
Maybe I'll do this again when my own supply of 20 has been depleted.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

ps:  Mike Butler is in the Boston area this week so we're going to meet
for dinner and a brew and some conversation which will undoubtedly
include OM's.