Re: [OM] shutter speed ring origin?

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter speed ring origin?
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:33:49 -0500
Dirk,

In the pure and simple concept of the original, the OM-1 (or M-1), exposure
compensation is accomplished by either the shutter speed or the aperture
setting; photographer's choice, and both made with the left hand.  The
indices around the needle, visible in the viewfinder, are calibrated in
+/-0.5 and +/-1 stop increments, so all of the critical control is
accomplished by one hand, without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
Hard to improve upon.  Try that with a conventional top deck shutter speed
knob.

Gary Edwards