[OM] Best way to clean the intside of the camera?

Subject: [OM] Best way to clean the intside of the camera?
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:45:06 +0200
Hi folks,

On the last films I`ve shoot with my OM 2sp, all slides are scratched. :-((

I see two possible reasons :

1.) scraced by the lab. ->  not probable in my opinion.

2.) It seems there are two much  parts of wear on the flim duct.

I want to place a film in the camera, shoot some test slides, rewind the film
and
 take em out. Then I want to clean the camera, and shoot the second part of
 the film. This way it sould be possible to find the causer.

Now the question is how to clean the insde of the body? It seems there is
gelatine wear
to be removed. I´ve read in a book to use cleaning-alcohol, others strictly
warn to
use alcohol, because it makes gelaine more sticky. Would water be okay, or
should
I simply use my old lens-pencil ?

What are your experiences?

Freider Faig