Re: [OM] 50/1.4 MC or SC?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/1.4 MC or SC?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:12:51 -0600
At 05:13 PM 10/9/2000 -0400, David Williams wrote:
>Hey gang,
>   I've been reading this list for the past week or so.  Thanks for such a
>great list, lots of useful information out there!  On everyone's suggestion
>I purchased a OM-4T which should be here in the next day or so, and I also
>snagged a Like New 50/1.4   my question is... everyone was saying get a 1.4
>with a serial number greater than 1,000,000 and one person said greater than
>1,100,000  well which is it?  the one I purchased is 1,081,xxx  I know
>either is probally a good lens and I'm after more of an artistic look but I
>don't want to be battling lens flare either.  Can anyone clarify this ?
>Thanks for any help in advance and thanks for the great list!

David:

I think you'll be fine, regardless of what version you get.  Mine is the MC
version, but I know people who swear that you can have their SC versions when
you can pry them from their cold, dead hands.  Both versions can do a
commendable job in the hands of someone willing to work with them.  Don't sweat
it, and have fun with the 4T (I'm jealous!).

Garth