Re: [OM] IMPORTANT re: MORE 357 batteries for US list members

Subject: Re: [OM] IMPORTANT re: MORE 357 batteries for US list members
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:33:29 -0400
Hi Gary,
It's been awhile, but my modem got blasted by lightening.  Strangely,
although I'm sure I had a folder called "Gary Reese," it's gone, and so are
the previous messages on the possible A2E sale.
As I remember it, you offered $665 (app.?) in a straight sale.  You
appraised the camera and the two lenses (20-35 USM and 28-105 USM) at $1001
and offered $725 if I choose to sell it all that way.  The last thing I
remember you writing is that you had gone through your budget for whatever
week that was.  Please correct me if I have any  of the above details wrong,
and let me know as soon as you are in a position to buy everything.  I think
I'm about ready to do the deed.  KEH still has the Ex+ (rare) Kowa Super 66
and has actually dropped the price by $20?
I have one question about the proposed deal.  If I put the Canon gear with
you on consignment, I assume that everything is contingent on your hands-on
appraisal agreeing with my description of the camera and lenses.  (I would
*much* prefer it this way, as I am no expert in evaluating condition, and I
would not want you to receive the gear and find that my idea of its
condition does not agree with reality!)  Also, am I right that the last step
would be that I'd receive the 75% when you actually are able to sell the
stuff and have an actual price to work from?
Finally, assuming that everything is ready to go on both sides, how does it
all work out?  Do I send everything to you and then wait for your actual
appraisal and the sale?
Best regards,
John