Re: [OM] Remote Sensor for Auto 310

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Sensor for Auto 310
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 21:23:50 +0200
I don't know what you exactly mean here - but speaking about TTL is
rather confusing. The QA-310 with remote sensor is not meant for the
OM-2 with TTL, but only for auto or manual flash with the OM-1 - which
does not allow for TTL flash.

Quoting from 'The Olympus OM Way':

The use of the remote sensor is normally superfluous on the OM-2 (like
using an external exposure meter on a camera with TTL metering).

When the cord of the remote sensor is plugged into the QA-310, the
sensor circuit of the latter is cut out together with its control
dial. So the position of that dial is irrelevant.

The remote sensor control dial has the same positions for auto as the
QA-310 has. For manual there is only one position (Manual HI) which
will give full flash power.

Hopes this helps,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.