Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day

Subject: Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 08:18:36 -0500
Well, I contacted him about it.  He replied that they haven't actually been
blacked out, they've been erased, meaning the paint erased out of the
numbers. Evidently the person he bought it from didn't like two scales, did
this and then never used the lens.  He does clearly disclose it in the
description, but I do agree NIB is too strong. Perhaps LNIB.  Regardless, if
anyone wants one, I believe this is about the best condition you're going to
find.

I'm happy with everything he's sold me.

TomFrom: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>

 Not to impune the honesty of the seller, as I neither know him nor have I