RE: [OM] Old Vivitar 283 with OM-4 and OM-G

Subject: RE: [OM] Old Vivitar 283 with OM-4 and OM-G
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 23:46:25 -0400
Mickey,
Depends on how old your 283 is.  Some units made had higher trigger voltages
than the current units.
This is really unusual though, to have an OM-G messed up by that.  However,
since you've got a T-32 that does not cause the problem, sounds like, indeed
, that could be the case.

Don't know where you live, but if you'd like to exchange 283's for awhile to
test, I have 2 I could send you.  Both are ~late 70's vintage.  To my
knowledge, neither has caused a problem with an OM-10 or G.  Certainly not
with a 4.

Brian P. Huber