[OM] Olympics Update, fireworks questions & suggested get together.

Subject: [OM] Olympics Update, fireworks questions & suggested get together.
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:22:01 +1000
Despite all my negative thoughts before the Olympics, and intentions to
get out of town,  it has all turned out to be a lot of fun. I've got to
try my hand as a sports photographer (honey, I need a Motor Drive...;-)
at the tennis, gymnastics and the mens cycling road race. At each event,
I've found myself within a few rows of a fellow oly user - there must be
a few of us out there (any listees been to these events?).
Amazingly, the city has been crowded with visitors, but both public
trransport and the rads have coped with the load - here's hoping we can
keep it together when the rest of the world goes home!
Tomorrow it all ends with a big bang, a bigger bang than was put on for
the millenium NYE celebrations last year. Which leads to a question
(which I'm sure is answered in the archives somewhere, but danged if I
can find a summary): what do our expert firworks photographers prefer in
terms of film, and what is a suggested starting point in terms of
exposure? I have a newly acquired OM 2SP (bought from fellow listee
Foxy, in much better condition than stated, at a better than fair price
- a class act), so auto exposure is finally an option.
Finally, are any Sydney listmembers are interested in meeting up at
their favourite Sydney Harbour vantage point to snap some firworks and
jubilant crowds, and go for a beer or two afterwards?
Dylan