[OM] all sortsa stuff ...

Subject: [OM] all sortsa stuff ...
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:21:57 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy gang, young Oz fella here again.

RE: T32 - Great flash, v. versatile, but I never did like the build quality;
currently use the F280 - better build quality but low GN and NO
TILT/SWIVEL!!! What were the Oly gurus thinking? Just their way of making
sure us 4Ti ownwers went and bought both flash units? To this end, I'm
thinking of squelching my tumescent yearnings for another T32 and just gong
for a high-end OEM flash (Metz) and the appropriate SCA adapter to provide
dedicated ATTL plus tilt and swivel facilities. I know, this sounds like
sacrilege to some, but ultimately I'm into this system for its high
performance. I can understand people being obsessive about Zuiko lenses (I
own NO third party glass) because of their fairly uniformly high quality and
(YAY YAY YAY) small size and weight, and the bodies of course for their
fabulous metering and handling (I have small, small paws ...) but a flash?
Fake light is fake light. FP sync is a beautiful thing, but so is bounced
light so I NEED another flash head - preferably one that won't break in use.
Sigh. It never ends.

RE: Possible new acquisitions - I've got a tipoff on a Mint- OM-2N + shoe 4
and Winder 2 (the guy said it was an MD2 but it's actually a Winder2) for
$AUD 320 (c. $US 185). I'm up for it, even though I can't afford it at the
moment. I really need a good back up body to my 4Ti so that mono AND tranny
are an option at any time, Agfa Scala notwithstanding ... :P (NB. For those
who haven't yet tried this monotranny film yet, get in your cars and track
down a stockist NOW. This film will change your life).

For those who are interested I MAY be parting ways with my EXC 35mm f2,
depending on the attractiveness of forthcoming offers from list members. I
am realistic about what I can get - because I know you guys have THE
KNOWLEDGE. It is a wonderful lens to use, but my taste in WA lenses has
always been toward the more extreme end anyway and I LOVE my new 24 f2. The
lens comes w/ Original Oly Leather/ette? case, lens spec sheet, Oly rear cap
and generic crappy beat up front cap. The glass is superb and all rings
function smoothly. I'll take a Money Order in $US funds and I'll pay
shipping and ship w/in 24hrs of encashment thereof. Mail me off-list if
interested.

Gonna shoot a couple of local bands tonight; packing a couple of rolls of
Neopan 400 (pushed to 1600 to shoot with ambient/satge light, though flash
always comes along for the ride ...) and my 35, 24 and 85 Zuiks. And my
beloved 4Ti, of course. Should be fun.

This just in: Oooh, I also know of a OM-40/PC with 35-70 f4 zoom presently
gathering dust in a pawnbrokers shop with a $AUD250 price tag around it's
neck ($US 150). Whaddyou guys think?

Cheers,
Reuben Acciano