Re: [OM] Night exposures with OM-2SP - warning long message,but ON topic

Subject: Re: [OM] Night exposures with OM-2SP - warning long message,but ON topic
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:28:23 +0200
Yes light fall off can cause interesting effects. I compared the exposure
measurments
of a 1.4/50, 1.8/50 and 3.5/50 Macro. Now I pointed them to a poster which is
average
 grey enough, but surrounded with a white surrounding.

When I compared spot metering with averaged metering there was a 2/3-stop
difference
with the 1.4/50 and the 1.8/50. Averaged metering indicated less light. But
with the 3.5/50 M
there was no difference between spot and averaged metering of my OM2sp.

Now I think the 3.5/50 has less falloff, which increases the influence of the
white border.

Frieder Faig